Tuesday, September 20, 2005

New Teacher Biography - Cathy Deardorf


NEW TEACHER BIOGRAPHY

Cathy Deardorf



Family
Cathy and her husband Larry have been married for almost 17 years. They have four wonderful daughters, Leticia 16, Ciersten 14, Leah 12, and Cendra 9.

Education
Cathy graduated from DeKalb High School in 1987. She earned her Bachelors degree in Secondary Science Education from Tri-State University (Angola, IN) in 1996. She was licensed to teach biology, general science, and computers. Cathy earned her Masters degree in Administrative Education Leadership from Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne in 2003. She finished her K-12 principal licensing in 2004.

Why did you become a teacher?
“When I began college, I chose the field of education because I was influenced by some wonderful teachers at DeKalb High School. They had a big impact on my life. I wanted to be the same type of positive influence for my students. The decision for me to move out of the classroom into administration was a difficult one to make. I loved teaching, but with administration I can work with students in so many different ways and on so many different levels, not just with my curriculum. I also get the opportunity to work more directly with the wonderful staff and community of Plymouth. Since coming to Plymouth, I know I made the right decision.

Cathy's Comments
“I love working with the students and staff at Plymouth high School. Coming into a new position, there is always a lot to learn and everyone has been very supportive. Thank you for making me feel welcome.

No comments: