Friday, March 13, 2009

2 Hour Delays and More

Many county roads were flooded this week due to the flood. In addition Garro Street was closed Wednesdy - Friday and Jefferson was down to one lane Thursday afternoon. It was very difficult to safely navigate the roads in the morning due to daylight savings time taking away our sunny skies.

So, my first intent is to insure that students are safe. Thus, the two-hour delays allowed for busses, parent drivers, and student drivers to navigate roads in the daylight.

My second intent is to keep students in school if possible. We used the staggered release from the high school on Thursday to create safer roads on Jefferson and Baker.

So, in final reflection, I'm not sure if the staggered release was perfectly executed, but it did allow us to be in school on Thursday and I believe it was safe. It might have been inconvenient for some families, but that's a sacrifice I was willing to accept.

Hopefully, we are now done with snow, fog, ice, wind chills, and floods for the year. The only thing we have to worry about now would be swarms of locusts. Have a good weekend.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you. Now all what we have to worry about is severe thunderstorms since it is that time of year again

Anonymous said...

I drive quite a distance by choice to teach here in Plymouth and I just want to say thank you! It is extremely difficult to see water in the dark and I believe that the 2-hour delay decisions helped many of us stay safe!

Anonymous said...

I think you did a good job keeping our students and staff in a safe situation. Thank you for your efforts on our behalf. I appreciate the good work you do.

Anonymous said...

does this staggered dismissal thing mean that there would be no more school closings because of the floods?

Anonymous said...

I know. some people just dont like it when we have closings or delays but u know what, they can not stop it from happening

Anonymous said...

I hope not because I actually like some of the school closings

Anonymous said...

Hopefully, we are not done with snow