Thursday, March 18, 2010

Past Recipients of PEA Scholarships

My name is Beth Garrity and I am a senior at Taylor University this year. I am majoring in Elementary Education and Special Education and will graduate this spring. I graduated from Plymouth High School in 2006. That spring I was the recipient of a PEA Scholarship. I just wanted to thank everyone who participates in the ticket sales for the PEA Chicken Dinner which helped me attend college. I have gotten to attend an amazing university that, I think, has prepared me well for my future. I am currently student teaching at Webster Elementary in Mrs. Houin's third grade classroom. Thank you for helping make my dreams of being a teacher a reality.


Geoff Scheetz was the recipient of a PEA scholarship in 2005. Geoff is teaching at Jefferson School this year. He was hired to teach third grade and second grade for teachers on leave.

Megan Barker teaches kindergarten at Menominee School. She is our third recipient of a PEA scholarship.

We are fortunate to have these three PHS graduates working for the Plymouth Schools.

The Plymouth Education Association (PEA) sponsors an annual Nelson’s Port-a-Pit Chicken and Bake Sale as a non-profit fundraiser to award scholarships to PHS seniors pursuing a degree in education. Our chicken and bake sale will be Friday, April 9th. Tickets are on now on sale.
Tickets are being sold by 138 members.

No comments: