Monday, November 24, 2008
Friday, November 21, 2008
The following is a summary of the Plymouth School Board of Trustees meeting’s Business Transactions held at Menominee School on Thursday, November 20, 2008, at 7:00 p.m.
1. Mr. Dunn presented the Menominee Elementary data results and growth plan.
2. Mr. Samuelson, Board President, presented certificates to school volunteers. In all 80 volunteers were honored.
3. The Board appointed Todd Samuelson to the Athletic Council.
4. An appointment to the Safety Committee was tabled until January.
5. The Board entertained the second reading of the Non-Resident Student Admissions Policy. A few changes were made. The Board will adopt this policy at their December 2nd meeting.
6. One student activity request for the high school choir was approved.
7. Donation reports were accepted for Menominee Elementary, Riverside Intermediate, and Webster Elementary.
8. Mr. Tyree updated the Board on the handicap ramp at Lincoln Junior High and several other projects in the corporation.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
Congratulations to the Junior High Spelling Team. The team placed 6th in the State Junior High Spelling Bowl.
Thanks to the teachers and administrators at Lincoln Junior High for inducting their first group of students into the National Junior Honor Society last week. Nearly 30 students from Grade 8 were inducted. Students from Grade 7 are scheduled to be inducted in the spring.
Kudos to the Plymouth School Board of Trustees for being named an Outstanding Indiana School Board. A special congratulation also goes out to Board Member Frank Brubaker who has achieved Level 1 status as a Board Member
Friday, November 07, 2008
Jim’s strengths include both curriculum development and organizational management. However, what made Jim an outstanding choice for this award was the way he works with students, staff, and community members.
Jim will receive the award on November 23, 2008 in Indianapolis. He will also learn that evening if he is named Indiana Principal of the Year. Jim and eleven other principals from around the state are up for that award.
Thursday, November 06, 2008
Our next meeting is December 1, 2008 at 6:30 p.m. in the Plymouth High School cafeteria. Remember, all stakeholders in Plymouth Schools are invited to attend.
Monday, November 03, 2008
The meeting is from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. and all are invited to attend, ask questions, and be involved.